Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerView::get() should be compatible with JCacheController::get($id, $group = NULL) in /homepages/17/d473017229/htdocs/ND/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/view.php on line 137
Diarrhea is defined as increased frequency, fluid content or volume of fecal discharge.
It is commonly caused by:
- Dietary factors such as lactose intolerance or use of poorly absorbed salts (eg. magnesium sulfate, sodium phosphate)
- Infection − bacterial or viral infections
Be aware of the following complications that may arise:
- Loss of electrolytes (eg. chlorine, magnesium, potassium and/or sodium)
- Vascular collapse
- Metabolic acidosis
The following diagnostic assessments and laboratory tests may be performed or used to diagnose diarrhea:
- Complete history
- Microscopic and macroscopic stool analysis
From a Naturopathic standpoint, Dr. Moira Kwok ND will obtain a very thorough medical history in order to put all of your "puzzle pieces" together to form a whole picture of everything that is going on from a health perspective. From this holistic approach to treatment, she will put together an individualized treatment plan based on a combination of dietary and lifestyle recommendations, supplements, botanicals, acupuncture and/or IV therapy that is based on your specific case.
- Beers MH & Berkow R (Editors). 1999. The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy (17th Ed.). Merck Research Laboratories: Whitehouse Station, NJ.