Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerView::get() should be compatible with JCacheController::get($id, $group = NULL) in /homepages/17/d473017229/htdocs/ND/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/view.php on line 137
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is defined as the presence of polycystic ovaries, amenorrhea, hirsutism and obesity.
PCOS affects 3% of adolescent and adult women.
The causes of PCOS include:
- Increased GnRH (gonadotropic-releasing hormone) secretion by the hypothalamus
- Pituitary abnormality
The signs and symptoms associated with PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome may include:
- Insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes
- Hirsutism (male-patterned hair growth eg. on the chest, abdomen, back and/or face)
- Amenorrhea (no menstrual period) or oligomenorrhea (fewer menstrual periods)
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
Be aware that the following complications may arise:
- Increased risk of ovarian cancer
- Increased risk of endometrial (uterine) cancer
The diagnostic assessment tests and results that may be used to diagnose PCOS include:
- Increased vimax online semenax perfect work fasting blood glucose
- Increased LH:FSH ratio
- Increased prolactin levels
- Increased androgens (eg. testosterone and DHEA-S)
- Ultrasound or CT scan shows ovarian enlargement with the presence of 1-15 mm diameter cysts
From a Naturopathic standpoint, Dr. Moira Kwok ND will obtain a very thorough medical history in order to put all of your "puzzle pieces" together to form a whole picture of everything that is going on from a health perspective. From this holistic approach to treatment, she will put together an individualized treatment plan based on a combination of dietary and lifestyle recommendations, supplements, botanicals, acupuncture an/or IV therapy that is based on your specific case.
- Ferri FF. 2007. Ferri’s Clinical Advisor: Instant Diagnosis and Treatment. Mosby Elsevier: Philadelphia, PA.